Scoil Mhuire Lourdes Enrolment
Scoil Mhuire Lourdes
Application for enrolment for 15/16 school year in Scoil Mhuire Lourdes, Tullow, will take place during the weeks January 26th to February 13th 2015.
During this time application forms will be available from the school secretary 10.00 – 2.00 p.m. each day. Completed application forms must be returned no later than Friday 13th February 2015.
click here to download: Advertisement of Scoil Mhuire Lourdes Enrolment
Requirements for Enrolment
Junior Infants 2015-‘16
- 1. Parents/guardians wishing to enrol children in Junior Infants for the coming school year (2015-2016) must fill in the enclosed application form.
Please note that you must include P.P.S. No. and a Birth Certificate – otherwise your application will not be considered.
Also, a baptismal cert, if relevant.
1 Passport sized photo also required.
Please Note: –
- The Board of Management is bound by the D.E.S. “Rules for National Schools” and takes into account D.E.S. guidelines in relation to class size and/or staffing provisions and/or any other relevant requirements concerning accommodation,
such as physical space or the health and welfare of children.
Decisions in relation to applications for enrolment are made by the Board of
Management in accordance with school policy. As a general principle children
will be enrolled on application, provided there is space available. In the event that
applications exceed the number of spaces available, the following prioritising
criteria will apply.
- Priority will be given to children who have reached 4 years of age by 31st March of enrolment year.
- From those remaining, priority will be given to children whose sisters attend/ed this school.
- From those remaining, priority will be given to Catholic children.
- From those remaining, priority will be given to children of current school staff.
- Parish Boundary: from those remaining priority will be given to those children whose primary residence is within the Parish.
- If the class is still oversubscribed within the applications listed above then the remaining places will be selected on the basis of age, starting with the oldest.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified in writing whether or not their childrens’
applications have been successful within 21 school days of date of closure of
enrolment – this year’s closure is 13th February 2015.
Induction procedures will be sent to parents/guardians at a later date.
click here to download: Application for Enrolmentcriteria