7th September 2021
We had a smooth return to school last week and I want to thank the whole school community for making this happen. As society continues to open up, there is an increased risk of the spread of Covid-19 in the community, thus the increased risk of the virus entering our school. Whilst the school is adhering to all guidelines outlined in our Covid Response Plan, there is still a risk that we will have positive cases of Covid-19 in our school this year. In order to avoid and limit this as much as possible, please continue to follow the public health advice and be vigilant in relation to the symptoms of Covid-19.
|Common symptoms of Covid-19||Other Common Symptoms of Covid-19|
|• a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above).
• a new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
• shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
• loss or change in your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
• Aches and Pains
|• sore throat
• runny or stuffy noses
• feeling sick or vomiting
Please do not send your child to school if they have any symptoms of Covid-19. If you are in doubt, phone your family doctor straight away to see if they need a free Covid–19 test. Getting an early diagnosis means, you can get the help you need and take steps to avoid spreading the virus, if you have it. For the complete list of symptoms, please refer to the HSE Website. Symptoms may be subject to change so regular review of the HSE Website is advised. If you do not have symptoms, you can get a free Covid-19 (coronavirus) test at a Covid–19 walk–in test centre.
- If your child is a close contact of a confirmed case of Covid-19, they must restrict their movements.
- If your child tests positive for Covid-19, please contact the school immediately by phone on 059-9151875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us begin the contact tracing process promptly with the HSE and limit the spread of Covid-19.
- We ask that all adults entering the school grounds wear a mask and do not congregate at the school gate.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.
Is mise le meas,
Ms. Marie Coen (Principal)