Scoil Mhuire Lourdes
School Phone: 059-9151875
School Fax: 059-9152292
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
05 September 2016
On behalf of the Staff and Board of Management I welcome you to another school year. We extend a special “céad mile failte” to the 45 new junior infants and new girls in senior infants, 4th, 5th & 6th class.
The following is a list of holidays/breaks for the coming year:
- Halloween Break: School will finish at usual time on Friday, October 28th and re-open on Monday, 7th November. (Standardised Holidays)
- Christmas Holidays: School will finish at 12 noon on Thursday 22nd Dec. and will reopen on Monday 9th January 2017. (Standardised Holidays)
- February Midterm: School will be closed on Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th February
- March: School will be closed on Thursday 16th & Friday 17th March
- Easter Holidays: School will finish at 12 noon on Friday, April 7th and reopen on Monday 24th April.
- May: School will be closed on Monday 1st May
- June: School will be closed on Friday 2nd, Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th June
(Public Holiday & School Holiday)
- School will close at 12 noon for Summer holidays on Thursday 29th June.
♦Please ensure all your child’s belongings are clearly marked – especially cardigans, track suit tops and lunchboxes.
♦ Proposed dates for swimming for the coming year:
2nd class: Monday Sept 12th – Oct 24th incl
3rd class: Tuesday Sept 13th – Oct 25th incl
4th class: Thursday Sept 15th – Oct 27th incl
5th class: Wednedsday Sept 14th – Oct. 26th incl
Because another adult is needed, each day a parent/adult from the “swimming” classes must accompany the class teacher to Mount Wolseley. Please get in touch with Fiona to put your name on the rota for whatever day suits you.
♦Headlice: In the interest of your daughter’s health, all hair must be tied up/back to prevent the spread of headlice.
If you find your daughter has picked up lice, please speak to your doctor/pharmacy and treat as quickly as possible. The regular use of fine combing is recommended to ensure that the problem doesn’t persist.
I have already been informed by a number of parents that their daughter has picked up lice.
♦Entrance through Mill Street: The only entrance to the school is
through the gate at Mill Street.
Please note: parking is not allowed along the zig-zag lines outside the gate as it interferes with Jane’s work. Also, please do not park in the areas marked for buses.
♦ Dates for your diary
Confirmation: Saturday April 1st
Communion: Saturday May 13th
♦ We welcome Mr. Carroll and Ms. Murphy to the staff. Mr. Carroll is teaching 5th class. Ms. Murphy is teaching junior infants.
I hope that the coming school year will be a happy and fruitful one for all.
Signed:- Anne Kennelly